Thursday 29 August 2013

Springtime Shoe Shine

I don't know about you guys, but the change in the season inspires a change within me every year. I feel the need to rearrange my whole life - house, work, exercise regime, you name it. Its time to pack away those stuffy winter woollies, fold up the blankets, open the curtains in the spare rooms, and let the fresh spring breeze waft through the house to expel all the stagnant winter air.

Granted, the minute that one starts with this exodus, a final cold snap will smack you right in the face with a snow warning and a promise of -4 degrees Celsius on Saturday morning...just a small not-so-subtle reminder that its not quite Spring yet.

But it sure does feel like it! The last four days in the Midlands have been absolute belters with temperatures soaring above 25 degrees and jerseys being whipped off by mid morning. My arms are so stoked to finally be getting some vitamin D, I feel like running around waving them above my head whilst singing "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, when skies are grey!"

A new hair cut, some new shorts, and a garden full of fresh lettuces ready for those veranda evening braais...accompanied, of course, by fresh G&T's!

Bring on the loveliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment