Sunday 29 December 2013

Out with the old...and in with the NEW YEAR!!

This is generally what happens when un-supervised adults attend New Year's Eve parties...



So this year, I must say that I am quite satisfied with putting my feet up on the couch and sipping on a quiet glass of chardonnay in front of the telly, whilst watching the Masterchef Australia Finale. You may think of this as boring, but I like to think of it as refinement - I have arrived at a stage in my life where I'm happy with my own company (and that of several cheeky felines and canines) and really couldn't be bothered to welcome another year into being with a monster hangover and numerous unidentified drinking injuries...

The dear Doc is on call this evening, so I have the house all to myself. Thus, my New Year's Eve celebratory dinner consisted of crackers with cheese and rocket (from the garden nogal...), leftover musaka-style homemade cottage pie, and merangues for pudding - not forgetting the mandatory glass of wine to accompany each course...of course! 

I suppose I should now reminisce about the year that is ending, and go on about how I look forward to the new year ahead and all that it promises. How predictable would that be?! Blah blah blah amazing year, blah blah unforgetable moments, yadda yadda yadda... *yawn* 

So, as this year winds down and you start to set all of your New Year's resolutions with gusto and determination (hope they all work out for you), I'd like to know from you, dear reader, which blog post has been the highlight of this humble blog for you in 2013? Knowing this will then be the highlight of my year and encourage me to blog more, and there would then be so much mutual benefaction going on that we will all be overcome with happiness and look forward to more enriching blogposts in 2014!
So spare a moment out of your boring New Year's Eve (it must be if you have nothing better to do than read this...) and make mine less boring!

Sending you all muchness of loveness wherever you are. May your glasses be full and your fridges empty, and may everything good and wonderful, and generally bloody marvelous happen to you in 2014!

Happy New Year xxxxx




8 comments:

  1. Dude! I love myself a quiet new years! Just before we moved into that place in Durban North (the best landlords EVER, remember? Not.) we stayed in that apartment in Morningside for a month. Paul was on a new years call and I watched the Royal Variety Show, Dinner For One, and Problem Child, while getting tipsy on JC Le Roux. It was AWESOME! Plus that apartment had an amazing view of good old Durbs. Saw some crackers go off too...which I first marveled at and then muttered my disapproval of. Got up at 6am feeling fresh and made a huge champagne breakfast for Paul. Best new years ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! Don't know what happened to the rest of that comment. I meant to say that I liked the post about the badly behaved cows! *chortle*
    Happy 2014 Thomas'!
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's my favourite too! Hope all is going well with the Therons in Canadia - looks like you guys are settling in nicely. Maybe we'll get over there sometime soon... Much love to Paul.
      Happy New Year xxx

      Delete
    2. Yes! come visit & snowboard!

      Delete
  3. i think this is your best post. it has a super hot pic of me in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one, because it makes me feel ten times better about Dev and My very exciting New Year's Eve plans. Which consist of loving the fact that we have sick kids and therefore a valid excuse to sit home and have a average night also enjoying "Master Chef" and lots of sleep. Lots of love to you and Dale and may this year bring you lots of love, laughter and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - shame man! Hope the boys are feeling better! Nothing quite like looking after sick kids for new year's eve :( Sending love, and all the best for the year ahead! xxx

      Delete