Thursday 3 July 2014

Lavish lunacy

No one should ever say no to a free weekend away. So when Dale had to attend a conference at Zimbali this weekend, I jumped at the chance to join him. The opportunity to spend a whole weekend at the very fancy shmancy Fairmont Hotel just sounded too enticing to be ignored... Dale, on the other hand, could not understand how I would want to spend a whole weekend loafing around a hotel; "what are you going to do all weekend?" Silly silly man... I'm going to do as little as humanly possible and eat too much, and spend time in the spa, and drink silly little pink drinks with umbrellas in them...good quality time with myself!

To call this place fancy is a bit of an understatement. The hotel is HUGE! The staff are amazing, and our room was easily the size of a small apartment. Their spa is the most lavish and beautiful spa I have ever seen in my life (out of a grand total of 3 that I have been to before), and their grounds border on the beach. 


To be completely honest though, after the initial "wow!" moment - it all made me feel a little uncomfortable. I am a country bumpkin through and through, and such pretentiousness just aint for me! If lavish style and luxury is your thing, I would definitely recommend this place - it really is amazing. 

But if you are not a fan of rich people behaving like brats, then I would say you would be better off booking into something a little less extravagant. It blows my mind how rude and arrogant some of the guests were. If there's one thing that money cant buy, it is class. You can look the part, flash your fancy jewelry and clothing around, and spend oodles of moola on expensive drinks and food, but the minute you open your mouth, your ugliness is astounding.

All in all, a fun weekend break and some good quality time with me hubby. It almost felt like being on honeymoon all over again!

Have a great week y'all xxx And remember, being rude is not nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment