Saturday 23 July 2016

Cloudy with a chance of the white stuff...

For once in my life I can honestly say that I am actually hoping that it snows this weekend. The forecasts look good, and we are so prepared for it, to the point that if it doesn't snow, I might even be slightly disappointed!

What has happened to that crazy ranting tourist hater who usually condemns snow and the tourists it brings to the farm? I've put her in her box for this weekend only. She needs to know that this year a big snow event will be a much needed lifeline to this floundering vessel. The more we get, the better for our pastures and dams.

So, bring on the white stuff.

I promise to behave and try be nice to tourists. I wont even do donuts over your snowmen in the John Deere, or offer you some yellow snow. I MIGHT even smile and wave. Stranger things have happened.

One thing is for sure - I will definitely enjoy sharing Isla's first snow experience, after which we'll all snuggle up in front of the fire place with some gluwein (not for Isla, of course), and marvel at the winter wonderland outside. There's nothing more peaceful than that silence when snow is falling. 

It might not be so bad after all...

August 2012 - Feeding in the snow, not fun

Beautiful but not fun to work in!

No comments:

Post a Comment