Wednesday 22 January 2014

Handsome Hubby Inspiration

So far, 2014 has been disappointingly uninspiring - hence the serious lack of blog posts to distract you all from your desk jobs. I just haven't had anything to write about, which is strange for me as I am usually full of opinions and ideas. Normally January is a time for making changes and setting goals for the year - big things that require heaps of inspiration - that I just had not found yet...until this past weekend.

One of the most difficult things to do that really relies on inspiration, is to start that new year's get-fit-and-toned-and-sexy-again action plan. Hubby has been training tirelessly for his first Dusi Canoe Marathon since September, and has been on my back about getting going in the exercise department for months. But I have had zero desire to get going - no push factor, no drive. The toughest thing when it comes to action plans is actually STARTING. Once you get started, it's easy peasy pumpkin cheesy. I know this, but do you think that makes a difference???

So, this past weekend we were up in Underberg for the Drak Challenge, Dale's first big technical race ahead of the Dusi. And let me tell you - there's nothing quite like mingling with super fit and toned athletes (and their significant others) to give you a kick in the butt towards getting yourself motivated. So many gorgeous bodies in one place should be illegal. 

The most inspiring part of it all are the different shapes and sizes of people that all competed in the race. There were some chaps well into their 60's and 70's still giving it horns on the river, and a couple of not-so-skinny-and-toned contenders who deserved a medal just for being able to squeeze into their boats! If they can be athletes, then I really have no excuse...

 Getting ready in the cattle pens...

 How inspiring is this dude??? Did the whole race on a SUP.

 Feeling strong, Day 1.

 Always smiling...exercise can't be all that bad for you!

 Still smiling, through rapids and all!

Thus, after witnessing such great spirit and camaraderie at the Drak this weekend, I find myself wanting to be a part of that sporty fraternity again - the one that gets together on weekends and has an adventure. (I need some adventure in my life, it has become way to predictable and easy).

 Now is the time to get fit and toned...so with all of you as my witnesses, I will put down my wine glass, dust off my trainers, prime the pooches, and head off for that first small step towards fitness.

Who's with me?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment